Sometimes the settings on the Fire TV Stick can become corrupted and the Directable application will not start. Here are the steps to take when the Directable app will not start on the Fire TV Stick/Media player.
First, clear the data from the Directable app on the Fire TV Stick:
- Go to the home screen on the Fire TV Stick
- Click "Settings" (the gear in the far upper right)
- Select "Applications"
- Select "Manage Installed Applications"
- Find Directable
- Select Directable and choose “Clear Data”
- Select OK to clear data (you may need to do this twice, until you get back to the menu.
- Then Open and Start Directable (it may say “Launch Application”
- This will reset the Directable app on the Fire TV Stick and show the screen with the 4-digit code on the lower right.
Second, reconnect the Fire TV Stick to your Directable account
- Log in to your account on a computer at https://portal.directable.com within 5 minutes of restarting the Directable app.
- Click TVs
- If you are at your tv limit please write down the settings for the current TV that is no longer working then delete it.
- Click “Add New Display” (the Green button next to “Available TVs”)
- Enter all the fields to match the TV you are replacing (you can add a 2 or B or something to the end of the TV name so you can tell it apart from the old one)
- In the “Enter Key” field, enter the 4 digit code that is showing on the lower right of the TV screen.
- Click “Save Changes”
You should see the TV loading content. This may take a while depending on the speed of your connection and the size of your content.
(Tip: as a matter of habit if you are deleting slides it’s a good idea to delete them from the playlist before deleting them from the slide manager.)